Monday, February 27, 2012

Recent events c:

Alright, I've gotten lazy with this (sort of).

Okay, yeah. I have. There's no excuse. I'm a terrible awful bloggy person.

So, what's happened here lately?

Well, a couple weeks ago, the charger on my laptop crapped out, and for about a week I bummed the roommate's charger when she wasn't around while I was trying to see if I could get a free replacement since the old one was still under warranty.

The answer was I probably could.... if I was shipping it to the US. That seller doesn't do international shipments, it turns out! So I got to fight my way through Amazon.co.jp with the help of Google Chrome, and now I have a new laptop charger that works! Hopefully it lasts longer /knocks on desk/.

Classes have been going alright. For one class we had to get a weekly/monthly manga and analyze the cover. I got this ridiculous BRICK of a thing that just oozes girly shoujo everywhere, man. I wrote up a rough thing for it, but I mean. What the hell else can I say. It's the April edition, so it has pink on top of pink on top of sparkle pink and sakura blossoms. Seriously. The damn thing is pink.



It turns out when you can't actually read the shoujo manga, it all just turns into an endless sea of eyes and sparkles and people blushing at each other with romantic expressions.

On the topic of pictures, I have such a backlog now. I really need to tackle the things agghhh. I have to resize them all before I can post though, and it's such a pain. I have them all sorted by place so far though, so hopefully I can get a mess of them up!

I went to Fushimi Inari again yesterday/Sunday, and actually walked to the top this time. Today, my calves yelled at me anytime I walked up a set of stairs. But I took lots of pictures, and saw a mess of interesting things, so it was awesome c:

As for later last night, I was thinking I'd buy myself a concert ticket to go see Versailles, since they're the band that kind of inspired me to actually study Japanese. As silly as that is to admit. They're performing April 2nd, and a friend of mine is going, but I'm completely baffled by the ticket buying system! Hopefully she can help me out ;A; If I can't go though, I decided I'll just go buy an equal (monetary) amount of booze. Aghhhh I really hope I can go! I had their autographs before, from when they had their original group/before Jasmine died, but I think my CDs were stolen or got mixed up and are in Jaime's apartment or something. When we cleared out the storage unit... the box that had my CDs was nowhere to be found ;~;

That was a while back though. In more recent events, I ordered Phase 10 off of amazon to play with some people here, and a good book to read in my spare time!

Next weekend, I'm planning on visiting Osaka, since I've not gone there yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment